For a while now, I have been drinking a cup of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon in it. It is a great start to my day, while energizing my body and rejuvenating my skin! Here are just a few of the many health benefits of drinking lemon water:
- Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C. Drinking lemon water can give your immune system a boost and can also help in fighting off common colds. My whole family had gotten sick, and I was the only one that hadn’t caught the cold. The only thing that I did differently was drink my lemon water every morning!
- Having a cup of warm lemon water in the morning helps flush out toxins from the body through elimination.
- As soon as lemon water enters your digestive tract, it will give you an undeniable energy boost. Drinking a bit of lemon water any time of the day will give you a natural energy boost.
- Studies have also shown that lemon juice also helps in reducing anxiety and depression. The scent of lemon has a calming effect on the brain and nervous system.
- Lemon water is also said to reduce inflammation in the body. It decreases acidity in the body and removes uric acid in the joints, which is usually the main cause of joint pain/inflammation.
I usually heat my water in the kettle to 110 degrees, squeeze a little lemon in my cup while I wait, pour the water in, and enjoy! I look forward to having my cup of warm lemon water in the mornings, as it is one of the few moments I have to my self in my fun-filled days with my boys!